Happy Valentine's Day! We sure love you and are so grateful to be trusted as your real estate guides. You know what else we love? That in the state of Utah, the homeownership rate has never fallen below 60%. We want to keep it this way (and help get that number even higher) by giving our clients the smoothest real estate experience in the Silicon Slopes.
The projected growth in our local market means that the journey to becoming a homeowner will become a more challenging climb in the future. If you have the desire to become a homeowner, even if it's within the next few years, please reply to this email and let's chat. It is NEVER too early to get connected and start preparing for your homeownership journey.
We can't wait to help you reach your real estate goals with a four-part educational series in March and April!
The dates for all four classes have been updated, so if you are planning on attending please note the new dates for each class below:
ESTATE & FINANCIAL PLANNING
March 15th at 6:30
Ready to get your "financial house" in order? With the help of Zeb Lowe & Courtland Adams from Coign Capital, we will help you lay the groundwork for setting yourself up for financial success. Here's what we'll do:
1. Break down the components of a financial plan
2. Simplify the financial "language" and details of a financial plan
3. Discuss the importance of, and how to set up an estate plan to ensure your assets are protected and your heirs are taken care of.
March 30th at 6:30
We firmly believe in the power and importance of building wealth through real estate investing. We will be joined by Steven Bond with Capital Advisors as we help you:
1. See just how possible it is for you to invest in real estate
2. Understand the 4 pillars of Real Estate Investing
3. Connect with people, resources and knowledge to help you get started
April 13th at 6:30
The average net worth of a homeowner in the US is $254,900, while the average net worth of a renter in the US is $6,270. We not only want to help you to become a homeowner, we want to help make the process as smooth & enjoyable as possible.
In this class, we will:
1. Debunk the common myths about buying a home
2. Educate you on the current LOCAL housing market
3. Walk you through the home-buying journey so you can confidently step in to the market
April 27th at 6:30
The average homeowner along the Wasatch Front gained $109,000 in equity last year. The record low inventory we currently have in our market has created a seller's market.
If life events have created the need or desire to sell a home, or you're simply thinking about cashing in on that equity growth, this is the class for you!
Come learn with us as we discuss:
1. Cut through the common myths about selling a home
2. Navigating this wild market of multiple offers
3. Creating a game plan for a smooth transition as you enter the market
The Baking Hive
If your valentine has a sweet tooth, you MUST pay The Baking Hive a visit! Located in the heart of Millcreek, The Baking Hive offers delicious premade cookies, cakes, and custom deserts of all kinds.
Still trying to find the perfect gift? You can't go wrong with a German chocolate cake or yummy salted caramel cheesecake. Want something to do together? Make a date night out of frosting heart-shaped cookies together with a cookie decorating kit.
Take Advantage of These Homeowner Tax Deductions
As a homeowner, odds are, over this past year you’ve had to make some expensive home improvements. Thankfully, there are many tax deductions you can take advantage of to help make up for the costs of maintaining a home!
Take a moment and review these five common tax breaks for homeowners to ensure you get the biggest return possible.
● First, take a look at your property taxes. Homeowners can deduct up to $10,000 for filing as a married couple, or $5,000 if you are single or filing separately.
● Next, look up your mortgage interest. For 2021, individuals may deduct up to $375,000 (or $750,000 if you are married filing jointly) of the interest that they paid.
● Are you self-employed? If so, don’t forget to deduct your home office expenses. If you aren’t sure which home office costs qualify for deductions, check out the IRS website.
● Have you had to invest in medical equipment for yourself or a loved one in your home this last year? Home improvements made for accessibility such as railings, ramps, or widening entrances can be deducted.
● If you have a home equity line of credit (HELOC), don’t forget to ask your CPA if you qualify to write off your interest paid toward the loan.
Need a CPA?
We highly recommend connecting with Chortney Ruesch at Ruesch & Company. He is a wonderful CPA with the mindset of a teacher who can help you make sense of your 2021 taxes and create a smart plan for next year.
Give him a call at 801-872-9798 and let him know Sherpa sent you!
Did you know that the fees collected for the "R" symbol on the license plates of Utah Realtors go toward a grant program to help first time buyers?!
Applications for the next American Dream Grant are open now through March 24th. If you are buying a home soon, click the button below to fill out the application! It's a random drawing, and four winners will be selected.
(Two grants will be given to first-time homebuyers who are first responders or health care workers and two will be awarded to general first-time homebuyers.)
Let Us Connect You With a Sherpa-Like Real Estate Guide
If you're moving out of Utah for any reason, we would love to connect you with another Realtor who will treat you with Sherpa-level service! We intentionally network with like-minded real estate professionals from across the United States and Canada to ensure our clients are always taken care of, no matter where their real estate journey takes them. If you would like a trusted referral for an agent we personally know and trust, please reach out and ask for a referral!